Re: Are Micoshaftees interfering with Express Gate sales?

____/ 7 on Sunday 27 July 2008 18:48 : \____

> Are Micoshaftees interfering with Express Gate sales?
>
> Several web sites you can search for Asus Express Gate (Spashtop Instant ON
> Linux which takes only 5 seconds to boot built into the BIOS) motherboard
> and come up empty.
>
> But these companies are selling Asus Express Gate featured motherboards
> with Express Gate feature written all over the web page.
>
> Short of indexing program failing (which doubt because these sites
> are big and need keen search facilities) I can't understand why
> so many sites (e.g. www.ebuyer.com ) don't show results for
> Express Gate, but do stock say the Asus P5Q Pro motherboard (with Express
> Gate written all over its specifications).
>
> Asus shipping 1 million Linux motherboards a month and I'm just
> wondering if some anti-trust way micoshaft is interfering with
> Asus sales by intercepting them at the seller end.
> And will this require another EU anti-trust investigation?

Ballmer and his gang took ASUS to the boiler room. Days ago:

EXCLUSIVE: ASUS Speaks on the EEE PC

,----[ Quote ]
| TechTree: States like Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka promote the Linux
| operating system in its education and government sectors. Will ASUS roll out
| Linux alternatives for the new 904HD and 1000H models in India?
|
| Benson Lin: Currently, we're closely tied up with Microsoft and the EEE PC
| with Windows XP would be available to the Indian market.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/EXCLUSIVE_ASUS_Speaks_on_the_EEE_PC/551-91486-581.html

Prior to this, Microsoft tried to use the EULA to fight Express Gate (restrict
hypervisors). Antitrust issues with Phoenix Technologies forced them to modify
the EULA and they tried to claim credit for it (not revealing the true story).

Gangsters will be gangsters.

But let's wait for concrete proof about Express Gate...

Being a company that lost $90 billion in value so far this year, they'll do
anything. A few hours ago someone commented on a post in Digg saying that
Microsoft is no longer trying to hide its crimes. It's desperate. Just watch
the OOXMXL corruption.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999