[News] The Microsoft-Faithful Impressed by GNU/Linux

I'm A Believer

,----[ Quote ]
| I just wanted to share with you all my life changing experience.  I always
| trusted Microsoft and Microsoft only.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure
| out why people talked of Linux as though it were the best thing since the
| Tenga devices.  Finally, my curiosity was peaked and I purposed in my mind to
| install a dual boot - Windows XP and Linux - the next time I reformatted my
| hard drive.  That day came two days ago.
|
| XP Took some time to install, what with Microsoft Updates and what not.  I
| made sure I left a small partition of about 80 GBs of space for Linux.  When
| the time came to install Linux, I was amazed at how simple it was to do so.
| A few questions, a couple of administrative settings, and I was well on my
| way.  The OS was installed in almost no time at all.  I had little to no
| problem configuring different aspects of Linux, which was surprising
| considering it was my first time EVER working with it.  Upon connection to
| the internet, I found that Linux had 104 updates waiting for download and
| install.  I accepted and that too took little time to complete.  And to my
| surprise, I didn't have to install the Grub interface.  The version of Linux
| I had apparently had that added into the install.  Everything seemed
| seamless.
|
| The version of Linux I'm using is Linux Mint 5.0 RC1.  I have to say, I can
| see why people love Linux and it's deceptively simple interface.  Just a few
| minutes of piddling around and I found myself considering Linux as a Primary
| OS.
|
| [...]
|
| To the fellow diehard fans of XP, I can assure you, Linux will not
| disappoint.  In fact, I'm writing this post in the Linux OS.
`----

http://www.dannychoo.com/detail/mac/eng/image/5600/I'm+A+Believer.html

Related:

Vista's UI is Better Than This!?

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
| damn - XGL is impressive...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ex-MS-security-guru-dumps-Media-Center-for-Linux/0,130061733,339282399,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/34as9b

Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in
Line

,----[ Quote ]
| Alec Saunders, a former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Canada, had a
| bone to pick with Windows Vista.
`----

http://soft-vn.net/windows/former-windows-developer-trashes-windows-vista-gets-slapped-falls-back-in-line/20079348-11536.aspx

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed