[News] More WiFi Goodness Comes to Linux

Atheros Releases Free Linux Driver For Its 802.11n Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Atheros has released a shiny new Atheros driver for all their 11n devices
| aimed for inclusion in the Linux kernel. This new driver has no proprietary
| HAL and is licensed under the ISC license, so the BSD community should be
| able to benefit as well. Note: no firmware required!
`----

http://mobile.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/26/2138228

Atheros Releases 802.11n Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Last September we reported that MadWiFi was abandoning their proprietary HAL
| and really the driver itself for that matter. The developers behind the
| popular MadWiFi Linux driver were ceasing work on it in favor of starting up
| a new driver called ath5k using OpenHAL. Two of the key developers were also
| hired by Atheros, the wireless chipset company itself. Through these recent
| improvements, Atheros has went from a company being criticized for their lack
| of Linux support to one with impecable possibilities.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjYyMw

Microsoft can always rely on the Foxconns of the world, but as Linux become
more popular (and Vista is DoA), even its bed partners stop snubbing
competitors.

Yesterday:

Foxconn Does Hate Linux Support

,----[ Quote ]