Re: [News] RMS and the Dream of Free Hardware Drivers

* Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Richard's Dream and Institutionalized Mental Illness
>
> Another Freely licensed but purchasable publication (GFDL).
>
> Author's publication:
>
> http://www.faifzilla.org
>
> Various other formats, including ODF:
>
> http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/free_as_in_freedom.richard_stallman_crusade_for_free_software.sam_williams/sisu_manifest.html
>
> I bought the hardback off Amazon (currently £13.95).

The ODF format is better-looking than the PDF, but OpenOffice takes a
long time to load it completely.

I like the HTML format the best, though it doesn't include the pictures.
It is very readable in lynx on a console.

Found a funny joke in it:

   Stallman pokes fun at the rival program. "People sometimes ask me if
   it is a sin in the Church of Emacs to use vi," he says. "Using a free
   version of vi is not a sin; it is a penance. So happy hacking."

Sounds like Linux:

--
Pohl's law:
	 Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.