Re: Microsoft's President of Platforms & Services Quits!!!!

____/ Subway steel on Thursday 24 July 2008 16:44 : \____

> "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Jul 24, 8:24 am, "Subway steel" <f...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> "Rex Ballard" <rex.ball...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> --- "it could be a serious problem for those still working at Microsoft
>>> when
>>> the investigators start digging."
>>>
>>> Why in the world would this matter? You do realize that just because
>>> someone
>>> leaves a company it doesn't give them immunity from prosecution. It's
>>> absurd
>>> to think that if someone commits illegal acts or crimes at a company that
>>> if
>>> they "leave before the investigation" then they somehow get a free pass
>>> and
>>> can't be prosecuted.
>>
>> But deserters are often more willing to work with authorities and
>> investigators, help them find those on the inside who are also willing
>> to cooperate.  Look at the way Enron collapsed.  It was the folks
>> deserting who were first approached by investigators, and often they
>> were going to the attorney general without prompting.
>>
>> Those who cooperate early in the investigation get the best deals,
>> they ore often not even quoted or charged.
>>
>> Now Ballmer has to "Watch his back" because any one of his top
>> executives could be ready to go "states evience" and come in wearing a
>> wire, downloading his hard drive to a 64 GB flash, or even turning on
>> the laptop's recorder during business meetings, and e-mailing the mp3
>> files directly to prosecutors.
>>
>> Remember, computer recorders and mp3 recorders don't leave flashing
>> lights, and they don't make any funny noises.  Some are smaller than a
>> dime, others are about he size of nail clippers.  they can be
>> recording from a shirt pocket, or from a coat pocket, and digital
>> enhancement can make every word crystal clear.
>>
>> If a Microsoft executive recorded Ballmer strong-arming Yahoo, or
>> Dell, or HP, or discussing another set of wiretaps likek those used to
>> get rid of Carly Fiorina, it could be a real problem for Ballmer.
>>
>> At the same time, he can't stop talking tough just because there might
>> be a record being passed to state or federal prosecutors.  Every time
>> he goes to a major city, he has to watch out not just for the FBI, but
>> also the state and local prosecutors.
>
> Uh Rex; talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I can quote for you a /mountain/ of article that suggest financial
irregularity, bribery, and threats that are documented-- all coming from
Microsoft -- is if the Johnson /mole/ isn't enough.

> He's not "defecting" and he's not going to be wearing any sort of "wire" or
> downloading "states evidence" onto any 64GB flash drive and he's not taking
> part in any federal probe with the attorney general. The guy simply took a
> new job as CEO of Juniper Networks. That's all it is. Period. How you're
> able to turn a routine job change into some sort of wild conspiracy with
> wiretaps involving the attorney general is beyond me.
>
> - ss

I guess this one means nothing then: (just the other day)

Ex-Microsoft Manager Sentenced for Fraud

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzM3NjYsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Ex-Microsoft Manager Pleads Guilty, Sentenced For Embezzlement

http://www.crn.com/software/209400603

Ex-Microsoft manager ordered to prison

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2008/07/19/Ex-Microsoft_manager_ordered_to_prison/UPI-73221216506990/

Ex-Microsoft manager jailed for $1m fraud

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2222135/microsoft-manager-jailed-1m-cons

Ex-Microsoft Manager Gets 22 Months for Fraud

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148642/exmicrosoft_manager_gets_22_months_for_fraud.html

Ex-Microsoft boss sentenced

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/371393_msftcourt19.html

Former Microsoft Manager Gets 2 Years In Jail

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_former-microsoft-manager-gets-2-years-in-jail_1427.html

Kirkland woman senteced to 22 months, ordered to repay nearly $1 million, for
embezzlement scheme

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/news/25634819.html

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
Mem:   2075800k total,  1482484k used,   593316k free,    24468k buffers