Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Brand Value in the UK Drops

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell
<spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:54:10 +0100
<irqgl5-qp6.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Adobe has a minor problem; Flash, like Linux, is also
>> linked to a cleaning product.  Flash is #135 in the list;
>> Macromedia did not make the list, though Adobe comes in
>> at #278.  Roesch (the manufacturers of a washing powder
>> named Linux) also didn't make the list.
>
> That's hardly surprising. It's a brit survey isn't it?

True; Roesch is Swiss, and I for one wouldn't think the
import tarriffs/transport costs would be worth it. ;-)
Except for the novelty.

http://www.roesch-swiss.ch/?id=1142&prod_id=33

> Over here, there's no such thing as linux washing powder.
> We've even never seen a box.

For what it's worth:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Linux.vollwaschmittel.jpg

:-)

I've not seen a box here, either, but then, I doubt Roesch
would want to ship it around the world to the Pacific Coast
of the US anyway.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.