Re: [News] [SOT] Rogue Admins or Rogue Pointy-haired Managers?

____/ Homer on Tuesday 22 July 2008 11:45 : \____

>> Another Point of View on That Whole "Rogue San Francisco Admin" Story
>
> Read this unbelievably stupid statement:
>
> [quote]
> At a news conference announcing Childs' arrest, District Attorney Kamala
> Harris was tightlipped about what his motive may have been.
>
> "Motive is not necessarily an element of a crime," Harris said. "This
> city employee committed four felonies."
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/14/BAOS11P1M5.DTL
>
> He "committed four felonies" ... without any motive whatsoever?
>
> Welcome to the United States of Advertising; land of the fee and home of
> the grave where everyone is Guilty® before; during; after and regardless
> of being proved innocent, even if they had absolutely no motive at all.
>
> They should ship him off to Guantanamo Bay for a jolly good torturing
> immediately. That'll teach the blighter to commit Crime® with no motive.
>
> As it turns out, despite that stupid cow Harris' rather less than astute
> observations, Childs /did/ in fact have a "motive" ... he was [shock]
> doing his job:
>
> [quote]
> My source appears to believe that Childs' motivation was the antithesis
> of tampering, and that Childs did everything possible to maintain the
> integrity of the network, perhaps to a fault
> [/quote]

http://www.infoworld.com/archives/emailPrint.jsp?R=printThis&A=/article/08/07/18/30FE-sf-network-lockout_1.html

Did the network ever have a serious downtime? Was 40% of it possessed by
cybercriminals just like the rest of the Windows toys out there?

It sounds like someone doesn't like someone, so excuses are pulled together.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
 16:05:01 up 1 day,  2:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.81, 0.79, 0.74