[News] GPLv3 Adoption Coming Along Extremely Well

[GPLv3 Count]

,----[ Quote ]
| The year has gone by quite quickly since the GPL v3 was first released. We
| have just entered into the month of the release, and it is only 23 days until
| a complete year has passed. It doesn't seem like we have been tracking the
| GPL v3 and its derivatives for a year, but it is more believable when you
| look at the count. Cumulatively, the GPL v3 and its derivatives have gained
| over 2800 adopters, which is an impressive number. Thousands of projects
| have, and now we can more confidently say thousands more will adopt the GPL
| v3, proving its significance in the open source community.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/06/gpl-v3-watch-list-is-intended-to-give.html

Microsoft's lobbying arms have been trying (still do) to spread smears about
GPL(v3). Just like some kind of mafia...

Related:

Clearing up anti-GPL3 FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of the bad publicity about GPL3 is deliberate. A particularly
| bad article by Dan Lyons of Forbes magazine painted an offensive
| picture of GPL3 and Richard Stallman, even accusing Stallman of
| having sex with flowers (!!!) after Lyons failed to comprehend
| a scientific joke.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/3/22/16651/

Perens Lashes Out at Claims GPL 3 Brings Legal Risks

,----[ Quote ]
| "Let's make it clear that [ACT] is Microsoft's lobbying front and
| that they are going to paint as negative a picture as they can,"
| Perens told eWEEK in an interview.
|
| "Obviously, GPL software is displacing Microsoft enough to have
| them concerned, and it's doing it at customers who are important
| to them. A lawyer's job is to scare the other side if they can--because
| they know it's cheaper than winning a case in court," he said.

ACT [Microsoft pressure group] Warns of Legal Risk with Latest GPL Draft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Association_for_Competitive_Tecnology

,----[ Quote ]
| ACT has been accused of being an industry front for Microsoft,
| promoting a Microsoft-friendly agenda in relation to property rights
| and anti-trust legislation.
`----

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Association_for_Competitive_Technology

Open sourcerers do battle for GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Taylor, a former head of the Open Source Consortium in the UK,
| thinks the whole thing is being blown out of all proportion.
|
| He told us: "The only people worrying about the GPL draft are people
| like ACT. Everyone else is really pleased with the draft. The original
| GPL aimed to prevent deals like the one between Novell and Microsoft.
| They just found a loophole. This draft closes it."
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/10/open_gpl3/

Microsoft: shades of Saddam Hussein

,----[ Quote ]
| When they write the history of the computer history 10 years from now, the
| date May 14, 2007 will be marked in red: it's the day when everyone knew
| that Microsoft was starting to go down the tube.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12225&Itemid=1091

Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, no longer the technological leader in the Computer Desktop
| market, is taking on a terrorist role in its attempt remain in power
| at all costs. (see the link to the CNN story below)
|
| The tactic is intended to frighten current, and would be, free
| software users away from products that Microsoft just can't compete
| with. It's not a new tactic, but for the first time desperation is
| beginning to show.
`----

http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?wiki=Microsoft_Terrorism

Microsoft patent claims complicated by GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1108052425&rid=-50