[News] [Rival] Governments Exploit Windows Insecurity for Back Door

German government approves plod-spyware law

,----[ Quote ]
| The German government yesterday passed a controversial anti-terror law that
| would grant police the power to monitor private residences, telephones and
| computers.
|
| Instead of tapping phones, they would be able to use video surveillance and
| even spy software to collect evidence. Physically tampering with suspects'
| computers would still not be allowed, but police could send anonymous e-mails
| containing trojans and hope the suspects infect their own computers.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/05/germans_approve_spyware_law/

Swedish Gov't to Vote on Allowing E-mail, Phone Monitoring

,----[ Quote ]
| The bill -- which has been dubbed "En anpassad
| försvarsunderrättelseverksamhet", or Adapted Military Intelligence Service,
| and nicknamed Lex Orwell -- will let the Swedish Defense Radio Establishment
| listen in on wired traffic that passes Swedish borders, to protect against
| foreign threats.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146750/swedish_govt_to_vote_on_allowing_email_phone_monitoring.html

If you use Windows, you already /share/ your PC with many guests. It ought to
be assumed.

Related:

Cryptome: NSA has access to Windows Mobile smartphones

,----[ Quote ]
| First time in history Cryptome.org has released information about the
| characteristics of NSA’s network surveillance.
`----

http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1028

Dual_EC_DRBG Added to Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]