[News] New Release of Linux Toolkit for Phone GUI; Linux Benchmarks Testbed

Movial unveils Linux toolkit for fast phone GUIs

,----[ Quote ]
| Finland's Movial unveiled a Linux-based toolkit which enables software
| developers to use web-based technologies to program mobile user interfaces,
| aiming to cut development times.
|
| Movial is a small Helsinki-based software firm, which has mostly been working
| as a subcontractor for telecom operators.
`----

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10514573

Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.0

,----[ Quote ]
| You have likely already read the Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 press release, but
| today -- on the fourth anniversary of Phoronix -- we have reached the version
| 1.0 milestone for this Linux testing platform. It's been a lot of work --
| over the past few months especially -- though we've reached our initial goal
| in formalizing and releasing our internal test tools and at the same time
| developing a feature-rich platform. Plans are already being made for charting
| the future of the Phoronix Test Suite and the features we will be rolling out
| over the coming months, but in this article we'll highlight some of what is
| already possible with Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pts_100&num=1

Phoronix Media Releases Linux-Based Testing Platform for Hardware, Software
Validation

,----[ Quote ]
| Phoronix Media today released version 1.0 of the Phoronix Test Suite
| (codenamed "Trondheim"), an extensible open-source platform for conducting
| Linux-based benchmarking and performance profiling targeted at IHVs, ISVs,
| and technology hobbyists. The Phoronix Test Suite combines years of Linux
| testing by Phoronix Media with input from leading technology companies to
| offer the most comprehensive testing and benchmarking platform available for
| the Linux Operating System. The Phoronix Test Suite also offers unprecedented
| capabilities for collaboration via the suite's online component.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/linux_validation/linux_test_suite/prweb995384.htm
http://tinyurl.com/5czmfs

Related:

Vista licensing also limits benchmarking

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2218/061101vistalicense/index.html