[News] More Signs That OpenDocument is Spreading

A sign of changing times

,----[ Quote ]
| My lawyer made my day this morning. Not just because he does a great job, I’m
| used to that and that’s why he’s my lawyer. The reason he made my day today
| is because the document he just sent me is in ODF.
`----

http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/a-sign-of-changing-times/

Had Symphony been more Free, it would have been mentioned and recommended to
more colleagues, friends, etc. Standards aren't always enough, but it's a good
start. Sun does the open source dance as well...

Sun looks to emerging markets with new division

,----[ Quote ]
| Schwartz said: “Rapidly developing and emerging economies have been some of
| the most assertive in embracing Sun's approach to sustainable network
| computing, via open source software and open document formats, along with
| power sensitive datacentre infrastructure.
`----

http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn/news/2218250/sun-looks-emerging-markets-team

Recent:

German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) Deploys StarOffice

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this German article, the German Federal Office for Information
| Security (BSI) is switching to StarOffice for all 500 desktop PCs. 90% of the
| BSI employees have already gone through the migration. Another great success
| story for ODF!
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/german_federal_office_for_information

DE: One fifth of Freiburg city council migrated to OpenOffice

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7538