[News] Adobe Turns to the Web for Collaboration Features

Adobe Acrobat v9: Collaboration is King

| Underpinning all of this is the new Acrobat.com collaborative website. This
| provides a tightly integrated set of hosted services. Freely, up to three
| users can connect to a shared conference location on the website and conduct
| a live walk-through of the pre-distributed PDF file.  In fact this can be
| done without any of the three owning any software at all.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18533/1054/

More on remote collaboration:

How to access your PC remotely

,----[ Quote ]
| During a comparison of several VNC variants, Munich-based PC Professionell
| magazine found UltraVNC to be the best. The software is available for Windows
| and Linux. The chat options provided by the software as well as the simple
| exchange of files and folders are calling cards of the cost-free software.
|
| CSpace is also available as a no-cost remote software option. The software
| must be installed on the Client PC, and only works with Windows and Linux.
`----

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3092338.cms

The platforms become irrelevant.

Recent:

Adobe CTO on the Great Shift From OS-Specific Apps to Web Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| When Adobe's President & CEO Shantanu Narayen announced the promotion he
| said: "Kevin’s insights and passion for rich Internet applications, and what
| they signify for the future of software across operating systems and devices,
| will help enable the next generation of innovation for our customers.”
`----

http://xml.sys-con.com/read/579128_p.htm

Related:

Adobe sees full shift to Web in next decade

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21359751/