[News] OpenOffice.org Downloads Double in Italy in One Year

Profoss OpenOffice.org event essay

,----[ Quote ]
| The event was opened by Roberto Galoppini, who talked about the approach and
| methodology available for a successful OpenOffice.org migration. After an
| introduction to the OpenOffice.org community and the way OpenOffice.org has
| been promoted in Italy, with significant results (doubling of download year
| over year), Roberto went ahead with advices on OpenOffice.org migrations,
| based on his own experience.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/06/18/profoss-openofficeorg-event-essay/

Recent:

Just a coincidence?

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Davide Dozza, Chairman of Associazione PLIO: "The numbers are
| exactly the same. If it's just a coincidence, it's a very strange one.
| Downloads of the Italian version of OpenOffice.org were 800.000 in 2006 and
| 1.800.000 in 2007: the difference is exactly in the million of Italians
| that - according to Microsoft - have downloaded the trial version of Office
| 2007. We think that these users have decided to switch to OpenOffice.org as
| soon as they have realized that the effort to get used to the new ribbon
| interface is higher than the effort to migrate to the open source suite. In
| 2007, the majority of information requests has been about the compatibility
| with Windows Vista, and the trend stays unchanged in 2008".
`----

http://ooomarketing.blogspot.com/2008/01/just-coincidence.html

Microsoft earnings post-mortem: The cash cows quiver

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1362