[News] Microsoft Squeezed the Goose, So Dealers Learn GNU/Linux

Tirupur Association trains members on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's efforts to stop piracy, many times, result in raids and arrests.
| Last year, we even saw the computer dealers in Gujarat protesting against the
| company's rampant raids. But, Tirupur IT Association (TITA) showed a new way
| to dealers by introducing them to open source software. The association
| recently organized a two-day training program in Linux desktop and server
| administration for its members.
|
| [...]
|
| "The training is not to counterfeit Microsoft. There are customers who always
| insist on free operating system and software. In that case we recommend
| dealers to install Linux, if the customer is not ready to buy licensed
| software," explains K Babu, General Secretary, TITA.
`----

http://www.thestandard.com/news/2008/06/18/tirupur-association-trains-members-linux

Fight 'piracy' harder, Microsoft. Harder.

Related:

Indian dealers are squealers over Microsoft piracy raids

,----[ Quote ]
| The resellers have also planned boycotts against Microsoft.
|                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Those participating in the strike agreed to stop all purchases
| of Microsoft products for this quarter.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/05/18/indian_tech_vendors_protest_microsoft/

India can live without Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 6,500 Linux systems have already been packed off to
| villages and another 6,100 Acer desktop systems with Suse on
| their way.
|
| Umashankar said that more than 20,000 desktop systems will be
| installed in schools that will only run on Suse. All ELCOT
| servers will run on Redhat. ELCOT expects to train 30,000
| government officials in Linux and Open Office too.

Kerala On Linux Express Highway

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux slip-road that the state took is slowly becoming an
| express highway.
|
| [...]
|
| If we twist Napoleon's quote on China a bit, we can safely say, "Linux is a
| sleeping giant, let it sleep, because when Linux moves the world moves!"
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=16139&magid=11

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html