[News] Eclipse Code Blitz Under Way

Eclipse projects squeeze into record Summer fun pack

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation's annual code blitz - this year under the name
| Ganymede - kicks off at the end of this month with 24 Eclipse projects
| co-ordinating their new releases.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/16/eclipse_ganymede_overview/

Recent:

Eclipse framework overshadowing proprietary embedded tools

,----[ Quote ]
| It may still take a few years to solidify its position, but Eclipse appears
| to be on the way to overshadowing proprietary embedded tool chains.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208402251

Eclipse Expands Open Source Technologies for Embedded and Mobile Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation today announced new initiatives to develop open source
| technologies for embedded and mobile developers. The new initiatives, part of
| the Eclipse Device Software Development Platform (DSDP) Project, make it
| easier for developers to debug, manage and deploy software on embedded and
| mobile devices. These new projects build on the continued success the Eclipse
| community has had in creating open source technology for the embedded and
| mobile industry.
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/525067.html

AMD Unveils Open Source Eclipse Plug-In

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD announced a new plug-in that provides the Eclipse community with
| increased performance management and monitoring of Java software code.
| Called “CodeSleuth,” this new plug-in delivers the functionality of AMD’s
| CodeAnalyst Performance Analyzer, a suite of tools that analyze software
| performance on AMD processors, including Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors.
`----

http://ajax.sys-con.com/read/529382.htm

Ingres in two bundling deals

| Ingres is looking to make life easier for developers with a couple of
| announcements. It has teamed up with enterprise content management company
| Alfresco to produce an integrated software bundle allowing users to have a
| simple way to implement ECM and a database at the same time. Ingres has also
| announced a bundle that will enable developers to create Java applications
| using the Eclipse Foundation's open-source development framework.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/03/28/Ingres-in-two-bundling-deals_1.html

Linux vendor bags top Eclipse award

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eclipse Foundation awarded its EclipseCon 2008 Technology Awards
| yesterday, and named Wind River Workbench (pictured at left) as the "Best
| Commercial Eclipse-Based Developer Tool." Other award winners included
| EclEmma, Cyrano, Xmind 2008, and MyTourbook.

Study: Eclipse users find the tools make or save money

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1556028123&rid=-50