[News] Lots of Firefox 3 News (Release Comes Shortly)

[Parody:] Microsoft Abandons Internet Explorer 8 Development for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Mozilla Foundation releases Firefox 3 and tries to set a record for
| most downloads in a day, they will be receiving help from an unlikely source:
| Microsoft.
`----

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2008/06/microsoft-abandons-internet-explorer-8.html

Firefox extensions to bring back the dead

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't you find it irritating when a Web page you bookmarked or favorited
| returns a 404 error on a subsequent visit? Or when a Web site is temporarily
| down? Firefox extensions Resurrect Pages and 404: Page is Not Found? Now it
| will be! can help in such scenarios. While Resurrect Pages relies on several
| popular page cache sites, 404: Page is Not Found uses the Wayback Machine at
| Internet Archive to serve the dead pages.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137231

Firefox 3 won't have 'private browsing'

,----[ Quote ]
| The feature, Private Browsing, would have disabled all caching, cookie
| downloads, history records, and form data used during the current session. In
| essence, you could surf the Web and leave no fingerprints.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10789_3-9967829-57.html

A potential spyware 'feature' is removed:

Google to Nix Browser Sync Firefox Extension

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has announced that it is going to discontinue its Browser Sync Firefox
| extension with the launch of the Firefox 3 browser. So, you can enjoy this
| extension only till around the end of this year as it will not be updated for
| the upcoming version of Firefox.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Google_to_Nix_Browser_Sync_Firefox_Extension/551-90269-643.html

Mozilla prepares for Firefox 3 release and plans for 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has announced that June 17 is the official date of the
| much-anticipated Firefox 3 release. Developers and open source software
| enthusiasts are planning parties all over the world to celebrate the
| occasion. I'll be covering the release from Mozilla headquarters in Mountain
| View at the official Camp Firefox event.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080615-mozilla-prepares-for-firefox-3-release-and-plans-for-3-1.html
http://tinyurl.com/4ghkm5

Recent:

Firefox 3.1 (Shiretoko) planned features draft

,----[ Quote ]
| A very early draft of planned features reveals that as expected, this release
| will be mainly about landing stuff that didn’t make it on time for the
| Firefox 3, along with the usual performance, stability and security bug
| fixes.
|
| Visual tab switching and tab searching/filtering were both tried for Firefox
| 3, abandoned for other more critical features, and are being considered for
| 3.1. Ctrl+Tab, a extension developed by Dao Gottwald implements both of them
| displaying a thumbnail of the opened tabs when pressing Ctrl + Tab to switch
| tabs.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/06/firefox-31-shiretoko-planned-features-draft/

Mozilla targets Firefox 3.1 release for later this year

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1822550569&rid=-50