Re: [News] [Rival] MSFT Suffers After "Vista Fiasco"

On 2008-06-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Microsoft: What Cost the Vista Fiasco?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The new survey, conducted primarily in the U.S. in conjunction with Ziff
>| Davis Media and Peerstone Research, also shows Vista's requirement of running
>| on PCs crammed with lots of memory and powerful processors to be a deterrent.
>| Companies expect to install Vista on only about 10% of the PCs they already
>| own, compared with estimates last year that they'd be able to do so on 27% of
>| their machines.
>|
>| "It seems like the IT community has turned tepid to negative" on Vista, says
>| Di Bona in an interview. "There aren't any features in there they find
>| compelling—even ones that haven't had bad PR." For example, companies said in
>| the survey that they were indifferent to Vista's Windows Presentation
>| Foundation technology for building visually compelling programs, according to
>| Di Bona.
> `----
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jun2008/tc20080610_435192.htm?chan=technology_technology+index+page_top+stories
> http://tinyurl.com/5eou56
>
> The stock recently hit its 52-week low.

The bloat in Vista is about 2 generations ahead of the consumer
hardware market. The capability of Vista is about 2 generations behind
the consumer needs market. Business markets even moreso.

A perfect mix if ever there was one.

--
I'll never forget the first time I ran Windows. No matter how hard I
try.