[News] MSBBC and Ashley's Kangaroo Fail to Jump Away from Antitrust

Commercial iPlayer faces anti-trust shakedown

,----[ Quote ]
| Project Kangaroo, the commercial on-demand web TV service being developed by
| BBC Worldwide, ITV and Channel 4, will be investigated by the Competition
| Commission amid concern that it could stifle rival online efforts.
|
| [...]
|
| When Project Kangaroo does eventually emerge it'll be run by the BBC's
| departing new media chief Ashley Highfield, reportedly under the
| monicker "SeeSaw". Don't expect it to surface until 2009.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/30/project_kangaroo_competition_commission/

Related:

BBC iPlayer protest report

| First on site with me is Tom Chance, Green Party spokesperson on Free
| Software. He has organized for Dr Derek Wall, lead spokesperson for the Green
| Party to join us and make some statements about BBC iPlayer and the Microsoft
| lock-in it establishes.
|
| [...]
|
| We have 1500 fliers to distribute, that focus on the key issue with the
| iPlayer, and why $130 Million and 4 years of development don't get you much
| when you choose Microsoft DRM.
`----

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/iPlayerProtestReport

BBC Director General grilled by MPs on iPlayer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2008/01/10/bbc-director-general-grilled-by-mps-on-iplayer/