Re: [News] Iptables Enables GNU/Linux Users to Get Past Entire Medium Axing

> Microsoft and Comcast are cut from the same bloody cloth.

Given Comacast's(sic) joyful embrace of the evils of Intellectual
Monopoly, that's painfully clear.

> By the way, does this link work for you:
>
>    http://tuxtraining.com/2008/06/21/beating-sandvine-on-linux-with-iptables/
>
> I get "Error establishing a database connection".

The /. effect in action.

Google to the rescue:

[quote]
#!/bin/sh
#Replace 6883 with you BT port
BT_PORT=6883

#Flush the filters
iptables -F

#Apply new filters
iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
#Comcast BitTorrent seeding block workaround
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport $BT_PORT –tcp-flags RST RST -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -m state –state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
#BitTorrent
iptables -A INPUT -m state –state NEW -m tcp -p tcp –dport $BT_PORT -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state –state NEW -m udp -p udp –dport $BT_PORT -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -j REJECT –reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Your firewall is now configured and you should have great upload speed now.
[/quote]

http://tinyurl.com/6o2rv2 (Google cache of tuxtraining.com)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 13:31:15 up 192 days, 10:06,  3 users,  load average: 5.38, 5.24, 4.96