Re: [News] Iptables Enables GNU/Linux Users to Get Past Entire Medium Axing

> Beating Comcast's Sandvine On Linux With Iptables
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Multiple sites reported a while ago that Comcast was using Sandvine to do tcp
>| packet resets to throttle BitTorrent connections of their users. This
>| practice may be a thing of the past as it's been found a simple rule in the
>| Linux firewall, iptables, can simply just block their reset packets,
>| returning your BitTorrent back to normal speeds and allowing you to once
>| again connect to all your seeds and peer. If blocking the tcp packet resets
>| becomes a common practice, on and off of Linux, it'll be interesting to see
>| the next move in the cat-and-mouse game between customers and service
>| providers, and who controls that bandwidth.
> `----
>
> http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/30/0249249
>
> What about those who need to download Free software? Or distro developers who
> can't afford dedicated servers? They kill the medium, not the problem. Those
> who infringe (where copyrights are involved) will find workarounds anyway.

Microsoft and Comcast are cut from the same bloody cloth.  Or is it that
they're in bed together, and have been since 1997?

   http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/nov07/11-14MSComcastPR.mspx

   Comcast and Microsoft Launch Microsoft Communication Services From
   Comcast for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
   New offering provides SMBs with hosted corporate-grade e-mail,
   scheduling and document-sharing services backed by 24x7 support.

By the way, does this link work for you:

   http://tuxtraining.com/2008/06/21/beating-sandvine-on-linux-with-iptables/

I get "Error establishing a database connection".

Now where's my tinfoil hat that I bought special for use with my AT&T
subscription?

--
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
		-- Franklin P. Jones