[News] Firefox 3.1 Alpha Comes Shortly

Mozilla pitches Firefox 3.1 alpha for July release

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a week after Mozilla shipped Firefox 3.0, the open-source developer has
| proposed ship dates for the next version that, if approved, would produce an
| alpha release next month and a final no later than early 2009.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/062608-mozilla-pitches-firefox-31-alpha.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Bevy of Browsers Give Firefox a Run for Its Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Flock is the least known of the alternatives, it is the strongest of
| the browsers I tested, smartly adapting to how people increasingly use the
| Internet for generating and sharing content. And with Firefox 3 as its core,
| Flock doesn't require you to choose one or the other.

Firefox 3.1 (Shiretoko) planned features draft

,----[ Quote ]
| A very early draft of planned features reveals that as expected, this release
| will be mainly about landing stuff that didn’t make it on time for the
| Firefox 3, along with the usual performance, stability and security bug
| fixes.
|
| Visual tab switching and tab searching/filtering were both tried for Firefox
| 3, abandoned for other more critical features, and are being considered for
| 3.1. Ctrl+Tab, a extension developed by Dao Gottwald implements both of them
| displaying a thumbnail of the opened tabs when pressing Ctrl + Tab to switch
| tabs.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/06/firefox-31-shiretoko-planned-features-draft/

Mozilla targets Firefox 3.1 release for later this year

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1822550569&rid=-50