Re: [News] TV Producer Chooses Free Software for Telephony

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Open source telephony new star at TV producer
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "I knew about Asterisk and it seemed like an attractive proposition, but
> | to give the organization a feeling of comfort we needed to get
> | commercial support, especially as it is open source software," Fear
> | said.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1178556373;fp;4;fpid;78268965

We went to Asterisk at my last job -- had been using Cisco provided by
another company. My boss wanted complete control of his phone system. Linux
and Unix are all over in telephony. The two biggest PBX makers, Lucent and
Nortel, still use Unix in their main lines. Nortel is moving to Linux (from
Windows) in their VOIP systems. Even Cisco is moving toward Linux.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"