Re: [News] Linus Torvalds 'Forgets' to Protest Against Binary Blobs

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> Ah yes, you are accusing Roy of being a hypocrite.  So be it.

Using proprietary software is one thing. Mixing proprietary software
with Free Software, thus exposing Free Software users to additional
restrictions, is quite another. The two activities are quite
antithetical, and doing the former, whilst advocating against the
latter, is not at all hypocritical.

Indeed it is not even hypocritical to /use/ proprietary software, whilst
advocating the use of Free Software. I'm a heavy smoker, but I don't
advocate it. The reason I smoke is addiction, not hypocrisy. I
occasionally use Windows, but that is only because I am forced to by
companies that refuse to release their software for GNU/Linux (e.g.
firmware flashers), not because I /want/ to use it or because I /like/
it. Indeed the only reason I even /have/ Windows at all is because the
OEMs gave me no /choice/ when I bought my hardware, and I'm not going to
throw away something I paid for, even if it is mostly useless - it is
occasionally required, unfortunately.

The only "hypocrisy" here is a bunch of Windows fanboys spending so much
of their time, and exerting so much effort, in a newsgroup dedicated to
something they obviously hate venomously, instead of crooning about the
wonders of Windows, and fawning over their gangster idols, in a Windows
newsgroup or forum - where they belong. If they love Windows so much,
they why don't they just go away and use it, instead of infecting this
group with their filth?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 20:06:43 up 188 days, 16:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.06, 0.03