[News] Good Reviews of the Latest Kubuntu and Puppy Linux

Kubuntu 8.04: Hello Old Friend

,----[ Quote ]
| I am now impressed with the smoothness and quickness in KDE performance.  The
| project has put a lot of time in KDE and for that I am thankful.  I can make
| KDE look as I want it too, much easier than I can in Gnome.  While I am not
| much for eye-candy, I did install compiz to see how it fared on Kubuntu.
| Again, I found myself coming away very impressed with Kubuntu, and the
| simplicity of which everything just worked.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=431

Puppy Linux 4.0 on my old laptop: it's getting better

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I tried one of my fav distro, Puppy Linux, on my very old laptop
| Toshiba Tecra 8200.
| And this time I found a pleasant surprise.
`----

http://seputarlinux.blogspot.com/2008/06/puppy-linux-40-on-my-old-laptop-its.html

Recent:

Puppy Linux 4.00 is barking up the right tree

,----[ Quote ]
| In summary, the new Puppy 4.00 release is the cat's meow. Puppy Linux 4.00 is
| fast, reliable (on my systems it ran for days with no issue), has good
| wireless support, new scanner tools that work well, all the necessary
| multimedia codecs, and has a minimalistic yet usable approach that allows
| older computers to be functional machines again. Puppy also excels as a
| rescue CD or OS. Puppy also has good documentation already built in for new
| users and has active online forums.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/137880

How I Found Puppy

,----[ Quote ]
| I debated long and hard about adding anything to Puppy 4.00 as I believe it
| really is fine the way Barry created it, from an aesthetics view point. EZpup
| 4.00 was really just icing on the tasty cake. I can't thank Barry, the
| developers (especially MU, NathanF, rarsa and Pizzasgood in the early days
| and now Zigbert, Dougal, tronkel, tempestuous, and all the others I haven't
| mentioned) and the Puppy community (especially Lobster) for welcoming me to
| the kennels and supporting my efforts to give back a tiny portion of what I
| have received from this remarkable piece of software and the great people who
| support and use it.
`----

http://www.puppylinux.org/community/blogs/whodo/how-i-found-puppy

Lessons learned from Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| While wandering the Ubuntu site (www.ubuntu.com) to take a look at the new
| Hardy Heron / 8.04 LTS version, I went all philosophical and tried to think
| of any lessons that the Puppy Community could learn from that of Ubuntu. Now
| please note this is not a dig at the Puppy Community, we are one of the best
| out there, I'm just taking a step back and pondering to myself.
|
| So anyway here we go...
|
| There are of course already things key to the Ubuntu community that Puppy
| does well. Support in the forums is to a very high standard, as is the
| development of individual programs.
`----

http://www.puppylinux.org/community/blogs/lof/lessons-learned-ubuntu

Puppy Linux 4 gets new bite

,----[ Quote ]
| Its been been six months since Puppy Linux 3.01 was released and today Barry
| Kauler announced Puppy 4.00, aka Dingo. Clocking in at a minimal 87MB
| download, Puppy 4.00 is a lightweight desktop Linux alternative ideal for
| low-end machines, or for users who want a little less clutter and more speed
| from their desktop.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2398

Puppeee: Puppy for your Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus Eee PC ultraportable comes bundled with a version of Xandros as its
| operating system. If you would like to try a different Linux distro on your
| Eee, there are plenty of options to choose from, including eeeXubuntu,
| EeeDora, ZenEee,  EeePCLinuxOS, and Puppeee. The latter is based on Puppy
| Linux, a tiny Linux distribution that sports a few unique features that make
| it a perfect candidate for use on machines like the Eee PC.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/131070

Puppy Linux 4.0 on a Dell Inspiron 1150 Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.penguinway.net/?p=89