Re: [News] Wine 1.0 Lower Migration Hurdle to GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ 7 on Tuesday 24 June 2008 19:29 : \____
>
>> Personally I think everyone should press for WINE 1.0 installation
>> compatibility.
>
> I think it's an interesting idea. If ISVs can't be bothered to port to
> Linux properly, they can be sent a Live USB with Wine and be asked to
> tweak their apps until it works. They could make Wine-optimised
> executables.

Very soon in places like Brazil and Kerala in India, a WINE install may
become the only way to sell WINDUMMY software.

Also WINE 1.0 frees developing companies to make cutting edge software
and make it work on a reliable WINE 1.0 platform so that WINDUMMY
OSen cracks and holes do not end up crashing the install and
losing the company revenue.

Server software makers can make their product run faster under
WINE 1.0 than any other competing WINDUMMY OSen.
The two bit software houses too lazy to ensure WINE 1.0 compatibility
will loose market share, while those who make sure their
products have WINE 1.0 compatibility will take bigger and bigger
strides in reliable market share.

Micoshaft Corporation will try to react by poisoning the developer tools
so that installs cannot run smoothly under WINE.
But in the process, they are going
to cut their customers in half because it will break their own apps
while old tools without the poisoning will allow all companies
that have them to develop applications that run smoothly under WINE 1.0.
because WINE is open source and is going to be better maintained
and more compatible to WINDUMMY OSen than any WINDUMMY OSen being sold by
Micoshaft!!! (Oh the irony of it all!!!!)