Re: [News] Surveillance Camera Runs Linux

Ezekiel wrote:

>> HD surveillance camera design runs homespun Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The Linux-based CamHD hardware/software reference design is equipped
>> with an
>> | Altera Cyclone III FPGA (field-programmable gate array), and boasts a
>> claimed
>> | 1080P HD resolution.
>> `----
>>

> The UK government can use these linux based cameras so spy on its citizens
> and take away their individual rights to privacy. Once again... linux is
> "freedom's worst foe."

Didn't mention anything about the UK.

>From the web page,

<quote>
Marseilles, France-based Nexvision has announced a network IP (Internet
protocol) video camera design that incorporates the Texas Instruments (TI)
DaVinci TMS320DM6467 processor. The Linux-based CamHD hardware/software
reference design is equipped with an Altera Cyclone III FPGA
(field-programmable gate array), and boasts a claimed 1080P HD resolution.
</quote>

I suspect that if you look around the USA you will discover plenty of
surveillance cameras. It seems to be another weapon in the "War on Terror"
that Mad King George is promoting!