Re: [News] Reasons for Using Gentoo GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Why I Use Gentoo?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So, I have been asked this question many times. And of course the
> | assumption is that I am some sort of a masochist who enjoys wasting time
> | on compiling packages. However, that is not entirely true. There are
> | some other reasons why, after trying Ubuntu (started linux with it),
> | Gentoo and then Arch I settled on Gentoo.
> `----
>
> http://rahulthewall.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/why-i-use-gentoo/

I try to get Gentoo on everything I touch or otherwise influence. It's the
absolute best Linux distribution for those that know what they want and
what they need. Gentoo... You need a full blown desktop with compiz-fusion
or a specific purpose server... it's your call. You build exactly what you
need... no extra fluff... It's kinda' like a perfect choice... Something no
one ever had with proprietary OS's of any ilk.

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)