[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest Patch Failure Bigger Than Initially Reported

Patch-blocking bug also stymies Microsoft's WSUS

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a Wednesday post to the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
| blog, some Windows client systems that rely on the free WSUS have been unable
| to retrieve the June 10 patches.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9101258&taxonomyId=89&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/52p4w8

These updates affect also Vista (and siblings). Some are "critical".

Days ago:

Microsoft update causes new headaches

,----[ Quote ]
| Administrators unable to install update on some systems
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2219196/microsoft-update-causes

Microsoft Patches Blocked for Some Admins

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft on Monday said it is working on a patch to correct an issue that
| has rendered some administrators using System Center Configuration Manager
| (SCCM) 2007 unable to download and install last week's security updates.
`----

http://reddevnews.com/news/article.aspx?editorialsid=9970

Recent:

Microsoft- recent Vista update hoses some USB devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Some users are not affected while others are now having trouble with USB
| devices like keyboards and mice since the update last week.  This is shedding
| light on my recent Vista disk thrashing problems when I resume from sleep
| mode, at least I think so.
`----

http://www.jkontherun.com/2008/04/microsoft--rece.html

Buggy Microsoft Excel Patch Causes Bad Math

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,143467-pg,1/article.html