Re: Linux advocacy for a change

  • Subject: Re: Linux advocacy for a change
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:34:41 +0100
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:Pqq8Fefr7DSKJDKgsUf7jLnDYO4=
  • Cola-trolls: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/
  • Desktop: KDE 3.5.9
  • Googlegroups: Because of extreme spam, & their indifference to it, googlegroups is blocked.
  • News-server: leafnode 1.11.6
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:51:23 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Ruby Murray wrote:
>
>> I am a linux advocate.
>
> <snip astroturf dialogue ala flatfish puppet>
>
>> Its sad for me too, as I was one of the believers once. But desktop
>> Linux is virtualy being kicked out of the last chance saloon.  To save
>> it is possible, but some philosophies need to change, and quickly.

This passage is similar to Quack's "linux is doomed" rant:-

<quote>
Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
Too little too late.
<unquote>
Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fri, 25 Jan 2008

Looks like the BT troll used teh same theme, huh.

>> what needs to be done:-
>
> Desktop is not on Life Support.  W3Schools has Linux web hits at 3.6%,
> discounting Linux machines mimicking Windows and IE to access Microsoft
> required web access pages, and that 42% of hits is US, which is heavily
> dominated by Microsoft Windows desktop.  Actual deployments are around 12%
> to 13%, give or take.  Current market share methodologies do not provide
> accurate numbers.

They never did.

>> Truth hurts, smell the coffee.
>
> Yes it does, doesn't it?

It must do, otherwise why are the wintrolls trolling so loudly & often.

--
Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
This message was sent from a