Re: OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP

____/ Homer on Saturday 21 June 2008 11:24 : \____

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147262/os_smackdown_linux_vs_mac_os_x_vs_vista_vs_xp.html

> And the conclusion that XP "wins" is drawn by a self-described
> "run-of-the-mill cubicle stiff", based primarily on the assertion that
> he prefers products just because they have a bigger market share. He
> also misattributes this /ubiquity/ to /popularity/ ("The people have
> spoken"), whilst conveniently ignoring Microsoft's racketeering as the
> actual cause of that ubiquity.
>
> According to eye-witnesses, after completing his contractually obliged
> Microsoft evangelism, the author then left the premises in a rather naff
> Volkswagen Beetle [1], went to eat an ulcer-inducing sawdust-burger at
> McDonalds [2], before going home and settling down to an evening of
> mindless banality and cringe-worthy Reality Television "entertainment"
> with "American Idol" [3].
>

> [1] "The Beetle is the world's best-selling car design"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle
>
> [2] "McDonald's is the world's largest chain of fast food restaurants,"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s
>
> [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol#Television_ratings
>

> But then I keep forgetting ... bigger *always* equals "better".

No, but the conclusion best received by a majority of the crowd, to whom
justifying bad choices is important.

> According to the sheep, that is.
>
> Baa.

The world is flat, too.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
Tasks: 164 total,   1 running, 163 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie