Re: [News] Gnash Reaches Beta, Can Play MSBBC's Broken Media

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
<website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:02:14 GMT
<aSTAj.20431$XI.10915@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of
> micochaft corporation:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:11:25 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> The first Gnash beta is out
>>
>> To be followed by 5 or more years of beta versions.
>> Then it will disappear when the basement dweller writing it discovers
>> girls.
>>
>> Typical Linux.
>

> This is typical micoshaft funded fraudsters posting anti-linux
> messages in Linux advocacy newsgroups.
>
> Linux is taking over and they are very afraid - so they resort
> to fraudulent off topic posts and content spam to wage
> war against Linux.
>
> With micoshaft approaching debt, and possibilities that asstrotufers
> get laid off and may squeel about their nefarious activities,
> micoshaft is probably organising assasination squads to get
> rid of talkative spliffing fraudsters and asstroturfers.
> Its not unknown for big corporations to go down this path
> until their leaders get taken down.

Pedant Point: Gnash is not a Linux effort per se; it is
a GNU effort.  It has some issues similar to SAMBA, as
it is also attempting to interpret a proprietary, though
well-characterized, format.

An acid test for Gnash might be playing of Flash-based
games such as those on www.armorgames.co.uk or
www.arcadebomb.com .  These games can be surprisingly
sophisticated.

(I do not know whether the file format has been
formally standardized.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.