[News] [Rival] Microsoft Owns Sports Team, Gets Praise [sic] Coverage

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Owns Sports Team, Gets Praise [sic] Coverage
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 04:46:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft, Costco CEOs Vie for Sonics

,----[ Quote ]
| Griffin and his three partners -- Microsoft Corp. chief executive Steve
| Ballmer, Costco Wholesale Corp. president and CEO Jim Sinegal and wireless
| entrepreneur John Stanton -- have agreed to contribute $150 million to the
| arena renovation, contingent on the group's ability to purchase the
| SuperSonics or another NBA franchise. Only recently did the group up its
| offer from about $75 million.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080307/bkn_supersonics_keyarena.html?.v=1

See what's wrong with the following new headline from the Wall MStreet
Journal...

        Mr. Gates, Philanthropist, Goes to Washington

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120494205693821401.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo

Brainwash. It's the same with the New York Times and other publications in
Microsoft's pocket. They glorify him, even when he goes lobbying to change
laws (in his favour of course) whilst lying about US worker skills to justify
offshoring.

Related (Gates owns your media):

Gates sold 100,000 Univision shares-SEC filing

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation said it sold its remaining stake in Univision,
| which is in the process of being acquired by private investors,
| for an average of $35.34 per share in open market transactions.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsmlreuters.com:20070105:MTFH49951_2007-01-05_22-11-13_N05298823&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/yll88p

Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Bill Gates fund reports 12.8 pct PlanetOut stake

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates' investment fund Cascade Investment LLC reported in a regulatory
| filing on Friday that its holds a 12.8 percent stake in the common stock of
| online media company PlanetOut Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKN1331033020070713?rpc=44

More on Troy Wolverton, the Street, and Apple Scandal

,----[ Quote ]
| MediaNews did buy the Mercury News with a loan from Bill Gates' foundation,
| and is in the process of paying back that loan by publishing information
| without much journalistic or technical integrity.
|
| Specifically, I wrote “One might think that the San Jose Mercury News, being
| located in Apple's backyard, would tend to trumpet the company's success. One
| would be wrong... Apple's corporate proximity to San Jose is trumped by the
| Mercury News’ need to publish low cost, highly sensational news to make
| enough money to pay back Bill Gates for the favor of his humanitarian loan.”
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/082663E0-6FD8-4F1D-909F-1BC72833AD02.html

Openwave's unit Musiwave to be acquired by Microsoft for $46 mln

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft will also assume the net debt of Musiwave as part of the deal. As
| of Sept. 30, 2007, Musiwave had a net debt of about $4 million.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idESWNAS262220071115?rpc=44

http://slated.org/bbc_microsoft_bias

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]