[News] KDE4/Kwin Effects Impress, Dekstop Gets More Sophisticated

  • Subject: [News] KDE4/Kwin Effects Impress, Dekstop Gets More Sophisticated
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:11:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE4 Desktop Effects

,----[ Quote ]
| I installed KDE4 on my desktop today so I could finally try out KWin in all
| its glory. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it. KDE4 with
| desktop effects enabled is simply gorgeous. It's fast, responsive, and comes
| with a nice array of effects options.
`----

http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/kde4_desktop_effects

click, drag ... eject! (oh, and logout)

,----[ Quote ]
| While I many not get to relive the paper clip experience, we can do something
| for my drag-eject nostalgia! A few days back Marco Martin committed a change
| to the trash plasmoid he's written so that you can drag drives and discs from
| the Places view in Dolphin, the file open/save dialog, the Computer tab in
| kickoff, etc to the trash/recyle bin. Once dropped, the volume will be
| unmounted and, if applicable, the media is ejected.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/03/click-drag-eject-oh-and-logout.html

Related:

KDE 4.0.0 - KWin Composite Showcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrFz7IxXppU

KDE4 Desktop Effects (KWin Composite) Video Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve now updated to the latest openSUSE KDE4 Packages and got another video
| (first one being: KDE 4.0 RC1+ Video Tour) to add, and it’s one all about the
| new KDE 4.0 KWin composite; that is, the new desktop effects that will be
| available with KDE 4.0.
`----

http://francis.giannaros.org/blog/2007/12/03/kde4-desktop-effects-kwin-composite-video-tour/

KDE Project Day at FOSS.IN/2007

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE will be participating at FOSS.IN/2007, India's premier FOSS event in
| Bangalore. KDE Project Day is this Wednesday 5th December.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1196683982/

Playing around with KWin 4

,----[ Quote ]
| The first one is of the PresentWindows effect and the second one is of the
| DesktopGrid effect
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/11/12/playing-around-with-kwin-4/

KDE Commit Digest - Issue 93 - 13th January 2008

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2