[News] Threshold's New Product Based on GNU/Linux

A threshold for wireless home gadgets

,----[ Quote ]
| The controller, which has a Linux-based computer inside, will sell for around
| $300, according to Martin. Once they buy the controller, customers can log to
| a personalized Threshold Web site to create settings for their home
| controller and related devices.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9887106-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Related:

Linux is de facto OS for TV set-top boxes

,----[ Quote ]
| "The major chipset manufacturers are introducing new Linux platforms
| almost monthly," said Ken Helps, managing director of Ocean Blue Software.
|
| The attraction is that the Linux operating system will support
| advanced functions without requiring a license fee.
`----

http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA6426925&partner=eb&spacedesc=news
http://tinyurl.com/2zofx9

Linux gains support in mobile communications

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/isr/isr106.html