Re: Can Neelie Kroes open an investigation against ECMA?

On Mar 2, 1:45 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Saturday 01 March 2008 23:36 : \____
>

> > I was just wondering whether ECMA falls under the domain of the
> > European Community.
>
> > That would be such an easy prey, almost roadkill for the folks that
> > made the awesome achievement of having brought Microsoft to its knees.
>
> > -RFH
>
> ECMA killed itself already. It won't be getting much business any time soon,
> unless it opens up branches in the vicinity of the mafia.
>
> Personally, I've slammed ECMA in public like a hundred times. The deserve this
> for becoming an abusive and vain proxy for Microsoft. One has to wonder just
> how much Microsoft paid for their services.

If I were in the EU commissions, I would look into the dubious affair
of trying to change the name of a well known computer language, from
"JavaScript" to "ECMAscript", simply because Microsoft hates Java with
a passion.

Haven't they heard about globalization? We live in Internet times, fer
crying out loud... Where do they come off trying to stick the
"European" label in an computer language?

-Ramon