Re: [News] Microsoft OOXML: Fail

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2008 12:56 pm,  [H]omer wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>
>> William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> In other words, in Gates's point of view India adopting Linux was
>>> *four* times worse than their health initiative against AIDS.
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/13/gates_gives_100m_to_fight/
>>
>> Good catch, and yes I remember that story well. It's disgusting - not so
>> much because of the bribery, but because Microsoft value their own greed
>> over human life. How sick.
>
> Exactly.....& who's to say that, behind the scenes, this kind of thing *still*
> happens.

I'm sure it goes on all the time, it's just that Microsoft are not very
good at keeping it quiet.  There was another posting recently from one
of the Microsoft shilcosystem indicating that Microsoft are quite happy
to bribe in Africa and Asia "because that's how you do business there".
I'd not seen anyone admit to it so openly before, but there we go.