Re: Microsoft's Scott Guthrie Lies About/Twists "Cross-platform" to Hijack Web

Miguel de Icaza <miguel.de.icaza@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> 1) ... What proportion of Mono uses Microsoft's patented technology,
>> including that which is is part of the ECMA specifications?
>
> Read our policy on patents (Microsoft or otherwise):
>
> http://www.mono-project.com/FAQ:_Licensing
>
> Which is not different than any other open source project.
>
>> 2) ... To what degree do you trust ECMA and the RAND covenant to not
>> sue, for the use of any Microsoft Intellectual Property?
>
> See the above link.
>
>> 3) ... To what degree do you Trust Microsoft, either in terms of their
>> promises; their motivations; or their commitment to a competing platform
>> like Linux?
>
> This is a question that is suitable for Teen magazine or Cosmo.

Umm, it was going quiet well until this point.  We're not talking about
Girls Aloud or Boyzone, we're talking about a company which has just
been fined E650millions for anti-trust violations, and has a lengthy
history of such activities which are well documented.

Even Mr Ballmer said today that Microsoft's biggest *threat* is Linux.

So, would you like to reconsider your response?  Ballmer thinks that
Linux is a huge issue for Microsoft - how do you think that Microsoft
will behave with respect to Mono, considering their fear of Linux?