Re: Roy Schestowitz post volume

____/ Linonut on Monday 03 March 2008 17:10 : \____

>> Whether all those scummy trolls are employed by someone to do this or not, I
>> don't know and I don't care. Judge for yourself and just keep me out of your
>> freakin' slanderfest.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick?s position
>>| and mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and
>>| co-editing the spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape
>>| hired me to represent their interests, and when I announced this,
>>| controversy ensued. Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went
>>| berserk; tried unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then
>>| launched a vicious, deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to
>>| destroy my career and took lethal action against a small struggling company
>>| because my wife worked there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great
>>| campaign to bury Netscape and I?m sure the executives have forgotten; but I
>>| haven?t.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup
>
>    From: Mike Champion (Jan 24 2007, at 22:48)
>
>    [disclaimer - I work for Microsoft, but have no firsthand knowledge
>    of the ongoing OOXML - ODF kerfluffle]
>
>    . . .
>
>    Finally, on "Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went
>    berserk": To be frank, I watched that episode 10 years ago with
>    horror, and had my own issues with some Microsoft people and the
>    rather arrogant corporate culture back in the '90s too. But things
>    change ... I guess the perpetrators are now retired and living off
>    their stock options proceeds. Life is unfair, but it goes on, the
>    lawyers move in, and I'm quite sure that that kind of thing wouldn't
>    happen today. Give MS credit for one thing: they don't hire dummies
>    (well, maybe I'm an exception) and smart people learn from their
>    mistakes.
>
> Yeah, but maybe all they learn is how to be more stealthy.

They do try, but they still blow it up sometimes (showing that they
apply 'forces' and stalk people).

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

"It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
against me when I write a story about Microsoft."

They accidentally sent this man his 'killfile'.

Nothing has changed and Microsoft hires more scum than ever.

Former Excel Project Manager:

How many Microsofties does it take to implement the Off menu?

,----[ Quote ]
| The only way Microsoft has managed to hire so many people
| has been by lowering their hiring standards significantly...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
 17:20:02 up 39 days,  3:14,  3 users,  load average: 2.29, 1.62, 1.71