Re: Smith and Funky -- tag-team trolls extraordinaire

William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
>>> post here.  How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
>>> You're being hypocritical here.  At least those accusing you have more
>>> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>>>
>>> . . .
>>>
>>> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
>>> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
>>> trying to make Linux people look bad.
>>
>> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
>> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
>> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
>> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
>> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?
>
> Surely the question is, WHY are Smith & FUDDenbush in a *Linux* group? They
> don't use linux, nor advocate it (in spite of their protestations to the
> contrary).

They should not be here.  The charter and faq of this group are quite
clear about its purpose;  they deliberately post anti-charter material
on a regular basis.

My question is:  why do so many regulars respond to them?