[News] Visual Status of Plasma-rich KDE4 Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Visual Status of Plasma-rich KDE4 Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 17:33:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Plasma Packages

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's another of the topics I was going to show in the screencast: Packages.
| The test case was getting Apple's Dashboard Widgets to work out of the box.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/03/plasma-packages.html

kickoff improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| So, kickoff ... well, a picture is worth a 1000 of words, so they say. (But
| then if that was true you'd think they'd state that fact in a picture rather
| than use words and therefore save time and verbage while making their point
| more clearly.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/03/kickoff-improvements.html

KDE Commit Digest - Issue 99 - 24th February 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Ivan Čukić presents a new tool, Puck, the Plasma UI Compiler:
| This time I'm not talking about Lancelot per se, although you get screenshots
| of it, but rather of a tool that is being created to ease it's development
| and development of other Plasma-based applications.
|
| The name of the tool is "Puck" (Danny's idea) which could stand for Plasma UI
| Compiler K. Puck is a tool for converting XML-based UI definition into C++
| Plasma code.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-02-24/

Nice screenshots in all articles. There are also some new KDE 4 raves out there
as the desktop becomes more polished.

Related:

KDE 4: like a dream on 256Mb/1Ghz/Intel!

,----[ Quote ]
| And I was pleasantly surprised with how well it all works. With a "debugfull"
| build from SVN. With kwin_composite 3d eye candy, on Intel. With KDE 3
| libraries loaded too (for KPowerSave, since it's not ported yet). As they
| like to say here in Franconia, it's like "a'Traum".
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3137

Switching from KDE to WinXP #2

,----[ Quote ]