Re: [News] Real-world Examples Show Why the GPL Licence is Hugely Effective

____/ 7 on Saturday 01 March 2008 19:15 : \____

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 17:32:31 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> The impact of licensing choice
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/02/29
> the-impact-of-licensing-choice/
>>
>> His argument makes no sense.
>
> Maybe - but the article is clear - make a product with a BSD license
> you are doomed because bigger players won't share their code
> with you.
> Everyone becomes looser as BSD code becomes less and less free with time.
>
> With GPL, that can't happen. The code doesn't loose
> any of its freedom as time goes by. If others start distributing
> your GPL'd code with improvement, then you are entitled to the
> source code in the same way as the other party is entitled to
> use your code in the first place.
> Everyone is a winner.

The monopoly abuser and its messenger lobby for BSD because it's easier to
misuse and abuse in Microsoft's favour. Just ignore them...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=