Re: [News] The "Linux Not Ready For the Masses" Big Lie Debunked

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 18 March 2008 14:43 : \____

>> Linux Not Ready For the Masses...BULL
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| I am tired of hearing and reading that Gnu/Linux is not ready for
>>| the "regular" or "normal" user. Self proclaimed experts and pundits insist
>>| that these users can not, or will not, use Gnu/Linux. They give all kinds
>>| of reasons for this. I say that most of these reasons exist only in the
>>| minds of these experts and pundits.
>> `----
>>
>> http://riplinton.blogspot.com/2008/03/linux-not-ready-for-massesbull.html
>>
>> "Linux ready for X" is a FUD handbook classic. It should be avoided because
>> it creates questions, doubt.
>
> I think Linux itself /is/ ready for the masses.  In some ways more so
> than Windows.
>
> However, the /infrastructure/ is not quite there yet.  The community is
> there, but not the vendor network, certainly not to the extent it is
> there for Microsoft.
>
> Things change, though.

Change is the key word here. People must be prepared for /change/, for
relearning or learning new things. Linux is not "cheap Windows".

As someone who used Windows while at school I can say with confidence that
Linux is a wholly different world. Computing it actually fun, reliable,
affordable.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
 22:05:01 up 54 days,  7:59,  6 users,  load average: 0.96, 1.06, 1.52