Re: European patent myths ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 14 March 2008 16:56 : \____

http://www.eupolitix.com/EN/News/200507/5d049d10-690a-4977-b116-4295c1a42937.htm

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=56

> --
>
> "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - Henry IV, (Act
> IV, Scene II)

According to Microsoft's latest SEC filings, they now concentrate on what they
call "IP education" directed at business (i.e. patent brainwash). The reason
you'll find here:

http://www. microsoft.com/msft/SEC/default.mspx

“A prominent example of open source software is the Linux operating system.
Although we believe our products provide customers with significant advantages
in security, productivity, and total cost of ownership, the popularization of
the open source software model continues to pose a significant challenge to
our business model, including continuing efforts by proponents of open source
software to convince governments worldwide to mandate the use of open source
software in their purchase and deployment of software products. To the extent
open source software gains increasing market acceptance, sales of our products
may decline, we may have to reduce the prices we charge for our products, and
revenue and operating margins may consequently decline. ”

Microsoft will try to change the law. It's not yet above the international law,
but it owns the United States government. One could say that it's a case of
Microsoft against the world. That's how Larry Ellison puts it anyway.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
         run-level 2  2008-01-24 14:06                   last=