Re: [News] GNU/Linux Has Spread Everywhere, But Very Quietly

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:22:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The Scalix man (now Xandros) told me that Asus needn't pay Microsoft. Comment
> here:
>
> "You mention another product that weʼre related with, the eeePC. Same story on
> that side - no impact or royalties to Redmond in this case, most of it open
> source, the stuff thatʼs not ours and Asusʼ own development, and given the
> numbers this little thingy leaves the building in, actually one of the most
> successful end-user products based on open technology, ever."
>
> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/01/10/scalix-patent-tax-protocols/
>
> Someone else told me (in private) that Microsoft gave away XP to ASUS for a low
> price, just because of its fear of Linux I suppose. XP won't be available for
> much longer and Vista can hardly move on the Eee unless it's reformed to
> become a $800 Ooo PC (as in "Oh oh, ouch"). Microsoft, by the way, knows this
> very well. I wonder if the OLPC-tailored XP has something to do with this.

More of your unconfirmed "reliable sources" hey Roy Schestowitz?

Using your own hate site as a reference for your dubious claims.

Have you no shame?

The people in this group, comp.os.linux.advocacy must be total fools to
believe a word you say.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: