Re: Roy Schestowitz thinks advocates are stupid - and the advocates accept this. (was Back on Demon.Net Again Roy?)

Tony Drudge <tonydrudge@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> ____/ Tattoo Vampire on Sunday 09 March 2008 14:59 : \____

>>> So I guess that Google is also lying?
>

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/65905d736016edbb?dmode=source
>

>>> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Makes Low-cost Laptops
>>> Impractical (Linux Wins)
>>> Newsgroups:
>>> comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>>> Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:39:11 +0000
>

>> For what it's worth, the server that I post from (when outside the
>> University)
>> uses a variety of routes, over which I haven't control. There are
>> multiple
>> ISPs.
>>
>> If the trolls wanted to show multiple routes, they wouldn't have a hard
>> time
>> showing that I sometimes post from the Manchester server (this morning
>> for
>> example), Google Groups (about 2 weeks ago) and a couple of others,
>> always
>> under the same name. 4-5 years ago I posted as "Roy S Schestowitz".
>

> So let's get this straight. Roy Schestowitz is either a complete retard
> (very likely) or he assumes that every "advocate" here is a complete
> retard. This bullshite story makes no sense at all. According to the
> Schestowitz troll because he sometimes posts from "outside the University"
> his posts "use a variety of routes" and that's why his posts are suddenly
> appearing from Giganews... and not demon.uk which he normally leaches off
> of.
>
> So according to the Schestowitz idiot, because someone posts from a
> different location, the packets take a different route and suddenly "like
> magic" a new account with Giganews automagically appears and his posts
> originate from there. All without user intervention.
>
> Silly me... I thought that in order to post from Giganews you had to first
> have an account with Giganews.
>
> And Roy Schestowitz spews the ridiculous nonsense and every advocate here
> simply nods their heads and agrees. Yep... Schestowitz thinks that you
> "advocates" are about as smart as a bag of turds because he spews this
> nonsense and expects you all to believe it.

You really aren't all that bright, are you?

Roy uses my leafnode server.

My leafnode server posts outgoing messages via 3 different news servers,
and takes incoming messages from those three plus another 4, making a
total of 7 routes incoming and 3 routes outgoing.

I have more than one ISP, so the IP routes taken to these NNTP servers
can also vary.

Furthermore, Roy has more than one route into my system, because of my
use of multiple ISPs.

The reason my setup is like this is so that if any one or even two of
the news servers are down, then service is still maintained for myself,
Roy and others who also use the system.

I know that the Windows world doesn't really understand high availability
design, but one issue is avoiding common-mode failure.  My setup is
intended to avoid that as much as is reasonably possible, not just
at my end, but at the upstream/downstream end, and even in their own
network streams.

And yes, just in case this still hasn't got through
	*Roy has no control over this*.
	*It happens automatically*.
	*It happens automagically*
	*It happens without user intervention*