Re: [News] Wal-Mart Sells GNU/Linux PCs

> Please Note: Wal-Mart is STILL SELLING Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Gotta love tech bloggers and so called 'journalists'. There is alot of buzz
>| in tech media this week related to an AP report that claims that Wal-Mart is
>| dropping the Everex Linux PC's.
>|
>| Reality is that just as you could last week, you can go to Wal-Mart.com (and
>| here I'll make it easy for you and even give you the link:
>| http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8304655) and buy the
>| Everex gPC today.
> `----
>
> http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/please-note-walmart-is-still-s.html

Not all that surprising.  DSG here are suffering badly from the impact
of online trading, although it has to be said that their prices have
become rather more competitive as a result.

An interesting aside, though - their prices often vary somewhat for the
same product between different store-brands...  and the delivery guys
are never 100% sure which company they're delivering for :-)