Re: New York Times: Microsoft Executives admit that Vista sucks

Mark Kent wrote:

> There will be no Windows 7, because there is no demand for same.  The
> customers, the public, have no need for it.

I was talking to one of our help desk guys about Vista as I was leaving work
tonight. His comment was, "it's too soon for a new OS from Micro$haft," (he
didn't actually use the term "Micro$haft). I thought this was really an odd
thing to say. I told him that XP was seven years old. He responded, "Yeah,
but there's no real need for a new Windows version." You know, he's right.
What, exactly, does Vista give business users that XP doesn't give them --
besides the upgrade headache and the need for more expensive hardware? If
you say "it's prettier," I'd point out that all our XP desktops are set up
to look like Win2K anyhow. I don't know why they made that decision, but
they did.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"