[News] IBM and Microsoft Devour Company Amid Buybacks, Lost Direction

  • Subject: [News] IBM and Microsoft Devour Company Amid Buybacks, Lost Direction
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 03:30:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
IBM acquires Encentuate, terms undisclosed

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM said Wednesday it had acquired Encentuate Inc., a provider of identity
| and access management software focused on enterprise single sign-on and
| integration of strong authentication technology.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7b62F7E0EE-B71C-471B-90C5-F5ED5261E0FF%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Microsoft is meanwhile burning some money on other useless acquisitions
(another one yesterday), in the fight against Red Hat and VMWare.

Microsoft Buys Kidaro and Desktop Virtualization Position

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is playing virtualization catch up against Linux vendors SUSE and
| Red Hat and market leader VMware but adding the tools to pick up the pace.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-and-Notebooks/Microsoft-Buys-Kidaro-and-Desktop-Virtualization-Position/

IBM, Yahoo and Microsoft are becoming passe. The same goes for Sun and Novell
(which also try to evolve), but times are changing. They just live on using
savings.

Google grows. Apple grows. Ubuntu is growing and times are quickly changing.

Related:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html