Re: Back on Demon.Net Again Roy? Now we know where the giganews troll comes from...

* Mark Kent peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> ____/ Steven Friel Jr. on Tuesday 11 March 2008 13:50 : \____
>>

>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Great excuse. Too bad that this isn't how usenet and the internet works.

>>> Quite ridiculous actually. "Multiple routes" is completely meaningless.
>>>
>>> I'd expect anyone with an IQ of over 60 to realize this. What is your IQ?
>>
>> I've no idea how it came from Giganews. I'm not aware of ever using it and it's
>> better to ask Mark about it. I just connect to a port ...
>
> Ah, I'm afraid that the "friel" character is utterly wrong.  My leafnode
> posts via three different upstream news servers, and takes feeds from a
> further 4 servers.  Any traffic you find on my leafnode could have come
> from any one of 4 servers, and traffic onto usenet from my leafnode will
> come from any one of 3 servers.
>
> Roy - you are 100% correct, I have multiple usenet routes.
>
> The "friel" person appears to be confusing IP routes with NNTP routes.
> Few people really understand network layering.
>
> Also, as you know, I have multiple DSL providers, so even outgoing
> traffic can, and does, take a different ISP.

Maybe our new-nym-wonder Steven Friel would like to rephrase his
dripping sarcasm?  In light of new information?  Hmmm?

--
Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I
don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking