Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office Online Thinks It's Halloween, Fails

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 12 March 2008 04:21 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Office Online falls into Halloween time vortex
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Either Steve "Uncle Fester" Ballmer is preparing everyone for his
>> | star turn at Halloween very early this year, or there's something
>> | wrong over at Microsoft's Office Online site.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/10/microsoft_office_halloween/
>
> The comments are even funnier:
>
> [quote]
> The article is wrong
> By Anonymous Coward
> Posted Monday 10th March 2008 16:59 GMT
> Stop
>
> The US delegation voted: Greenwich mean time is now to be called
> "English Winter Time". And March is now officially renamed October. And
> there are two winters per year now. You guys will have to adapt, as it's
> the next standard.
>
> [...]
>
> thinkforward
> By Lawrence
> Posted Monday 10th March 2008 17:19 GMT
>
> Don't you guys start planning your Halloweens around March / April?
>
> [...]
>
> hmmm
> By Paul Hurst
> Posted Monday 10th March 2008 17:23 GMT
>
> must be a leap year...
>
> [...]
>
> actually
> By Paul Hurst
> Posted Monday 10th March 2008 17:30 GMT
>
> i love the clock next to it, that says "make time work for you", yes, im
> bored of march, how about october?
>
> [/quote]
>

> Microsoft: Setting the Gold Standard for incompetence.

Redefining words too.

"It's not dual-platform, it's cross-platform"

"It's not bribery, it's just marketing help"

"It's not 'look but don't touch', it's open source"

"It's not transparent, but it's (partially) 'open API', with software patent
tax"

"It's not quite ready, but we can call it release candidate because it's better
for marketing purposes"

"It's not secure, but we might as well just disable this 'nasty' function
rather than fix it"

etc.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"